The Illinois Section, which covers northern Illinois, has 2,785 nationally registered members and is one of the nation’s largest sections. Within our membership we have 1,553 Members (56%), 471 Associate Members (17%), 540 Student Members (19%), 408 Life Members (15%), 100 Affiliate Members (4%), 112 fellows (4%), 3 Honorary members, and 2 Distinguished Members. Our members are also active with ASCE National; we hold 250 positions on 131 different Committees. Please make sure to advance your membership grade at the various points in your career (i.e. Student to Associate, Associate to Member, Member to Fellow, and Life Membership), which can be done via the ASCE website. To find more information about the requirements for the various membership grades, please visit: https://www.asce.org/upgrade-your-membership/
Also, ASCE is always adding more benefits as part of your membership. To find out the latest benefit information, such as one free ASCE Institute membership (and newsletter), ASCE’s Civil Engineering magazine, informative e-blasts via SmartBrief, free technical content through Access Engineering, access to other publications, ten free PDHs/On-Demand Webinars, and reduced rates for other continuing education opportunities, visit: http://www.asce.org/member-benefits/ and the ASCE Member Resource Guide.
We encourage all ASCE members in the Illinois Section to support the local section by paying the annual dues ($30.00/year or under $0.09/day). Please make sure to pay your dues when you renew your national membership, which can be done online or via mail. The Illinois Section, through your involvement and dues, continues to grow and to benefit our profession, its members, and the community.
Your support provides funding for the following services and events:
- Discount on Technical Institute and ASCE IL Section events
- Qualifies you to hold a leadership position within the Technical Institutes and ASCE IL Section
- Funding for ongoing ASCE IL Section activities including:
- Participating in ASCE Legislative Day in Springfield and ASCE National Fly In
- Engineers without Borders – Chicago Chapter has four ongoing projects around the world aiding areas in need.
- The seven technical groups provide monthly opportunities for continuing education seminars, technical training, networking, and are advocates for their various industry sectors.
- Quarterly Newsletter and Website which provide articles, resources, contacts and event information.
- IL Report Card
- STEM related event sponsorship by the IL Section:
- Future Cities
- IIT Dupage County Expo
- CAF Engineers Week Event
- Dream Big Premiere and sponsorship for CPS students to see the movie
- Support of ASCE Student Chapters
- Funding for student activities at IIT, Northwestern University and UIC
- Great Lakes Student Conference funding
- Minority Affairs Committee Scholarships for High School Students to be introduced to Engineering
- Leadership and Communications Training seminars
Please remember to update your membership profile if you move or change employers so you continue to receive ASCE communications. All membership information is managed through ASCE National which can be done via your online profile or via phone at 1-800-548-2723. Additional membership assistance can be found here.
Renew your membership through ASCE National:http://www.asce.org/membership.
Please contact Tom Borges, the Illinois Section Membership Committee Chair, with any membership related questions at email@example.com or by phone at 312-248-8628.